Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sarikin Trip

Yesterday morning, after having breakfast with my aunts and my brother, Gary at Ling Loong Coffee Shop. One of my aunts came out with an idea of going to Sarikin(the place that separates Malaysia and Indonesia). I was really excited because it had been years i last been to that place.

My aunt asked me to drive to that so-called Sarikin place. At the moment, I was quite nervous but looking forward to the long journey.

My aunt gave me direction on how to drive there. The road was not as smooth as what i used to drive on, but with stones and holes.

It took me an hour to arrive Sarikin. Phew... Luckily i managed to make it and this was the longest journey i ever drove since i passed my driving test. It was really thrilling and 'adventurous' anywhere.
Upon reaching Sarikin, the very first thing that caught my attention is the Zhu-Long-Chao Plant (in Chinese 猪笼草). It looked like this:



Zhu-Long-Chao Plant


I bought it with RM 8 and it was cheap!
Besides, lots of new stuffs can be seen there. My aunts, my brother and i were like sampah lao.
'WAH'and 'EEE' are the two words that came out of our mouths when we saw these:

Slugs


It was used to treat certain kind of sickness or illness. But don't know what it's exactly for.

Cookies-making Tools


The Malay-Indon man demostrated lots of technique by using this tool to make varieties of cookies with all shapes and sizes. My aunt bought one with RM 10. It was really expensive to me at first and i kept on telling my aunt not to buy it. But i realised it was their own invention and after all it was quite reasonable.


My aunt have a try-out with the tools

The products

Sago Worms

I had eaten them before when i was 7 or 8. It tasted quite nice and when you bite it, the fluid inside the sago worms' bodies would burst out and it tastes like butter. Sounds weird, right? Haha... Do try it when you have the chance to. But remember to remove the head before swallowing them into your stomach as the head is indigestible.

Key Chains


I never seen these before in Kuching and i think it's quite unique. I chose three key chains and had my name, Jack-Ty's and Sin Chien's names carved on it. Give you when i met you people. Hope you like it!

Lots of other stuffs can also be seen there. And here were some of the other pictures:

Ornaments

Craft works

Traditional Musical Instruments

Clothes
Bags

And many many other more...

After two hours of 'shopping', we went home. Anyway i found this place nice and worth to pay it a visit. Do try and experience something different!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment